Increasing evidence points toward a key role of mast cells in the pathophysiology and pathogenesis of asthma increasing the need to develop effective mast cell targeted therapies.
- Cecilia Andersson, Ellen Tufvesson, Zuzana Diamant, and Leif Bjermer, revisiting the role of the mast cell in asthma, curr opin pulm med 2016, 22:10–17
- Bradding, P. /DM, Walls, A.P. / PhD, Holgate, S.T. / MD, the role of the mast cell in the pathophysiology of asthma, Leicester and Southampton, UK; Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, June 2006 Volume 117, Issue 6, Pages 1277–1284
- Laurent L. Reber and John V. Fahy, Mast cells in asthma: Biomarker and therapeutic target, Eur Respir J 2016; 47: 1040–1042
- Glenn Cruse, Peter Bradding, Mast cells in airway diseases and interstitial lung disease, European Journal of pharmacology 778 (2016) 125–138
- Stephen J. Galli, Mast cells and KIT as potential therapeutic targets in severe asthma, the new England journal of medicine 376, 20, May 18, 2017